Monks Farm/North Grove
This area is allocated in the local Plan part 1 for 883 homes and the Grove Northern Relief Road.
- First there was a planning application for 133 homes south of Bellingers garage (see 1 on the little map). The outline application P12/V1545/O was approved in February 2014 and full planning approval P15/V0978/RM granted in January 2016. Building has started.
- Then an outline application P14/V0576/O for 75 homes west of Bellingers Garage was approved in April 2015 with the detailed application P16/V1287/RM approved June 2018.
- In July 2015 a third application for up to 160 more new homes (the area marked as 3 on the map). The outline application P15/V1722/O has been approved.
- On 5 May 2016 a further outline application P16/V0981/O was submitted for up to 400 dwellings (see 4 on the map) including some land to expand the existing primary school. This was recommended for approval in July 2018.
- On 10 June 2019 another outline application P19/V1420/O was submitted for up to up to 220 dwellings together with access, associated landscaping and public open space, tennis courts, infrastructure and biodiversity enhancements.
According to the Local Plan part 1 the whole area should support 6 hectares of employment land and a total of 883 homes. There are now applications for 988 homes but no additional employment facilities. This does not match the outline plan and without employment creates more residents commuting out of the area on roads which are already over capacity.
It also leaves a small part of the Grove Northern Relief Road at the western end unfinished.
See our Wantage and Grove Map for detailed locations.
Copyright © 2013-2019 Wantage and Grove Campaign Group